This Privacy Notice sets out how G3 Security Systems collects, uses and discloses your personal information.
G3 Security Systems (11 Malleson Road, Liverpool, England, L13 9DF) exercises the right to update its Privacy Notice from time to time. This Notice is effective from Friday 25th May 2018.
G3 Security Systems is a Data Controller. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. Under data protection legislation we are required to notify you of the information contained within this privacy notice.
It is important that you read this notice – together with any other privacy notice which we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you – so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.
Data we collect
We may collect the following information:
· Company details
· Name / job title
· Contact telephone numbers and email addresses
· Bank account details
· Credit references
The purposes and legal basis for processing your data
· To provide a Quotation / Contract for your system
· Performance of a Contract with you
· Comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations
· Deal with enquiries and complaints made by you relating to your installation
· To issue invoices / credits / statements / certificates of conformity
· To contact key holders in the event of an alarm / fault
Disclosing your personal data to others
We will only disclose your personal data to:
· Our company accountant
· SSAIB (Security Systems and Alarms Inspection Board
· Comply with any legal obligation
Monitored Systems only:
· Our monitoring station (EMCS) East Midlands Central Station
· Your local Police force
How we store your personal data
We store all of your personal information on a secure server within our premises. We take all necessary precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
How long we retain you personal data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, also satisfy any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
How secure is your personal data
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspect breach where we are legally required to do so.
Under certain circumstances you have the right to:
· Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a data subject access request). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
· Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
· Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
· Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your information for direct marketing purposes.
· Request the restriction of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, e.g. if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
· Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want us to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal information, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please write to us at 11 Malleson Road, Liverpool, England. L13 9DF, or email us at email@example.com
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
Your right to complain
If you have any problems in the way that we are handling your personal information you should contact the Information Commissionaire’s Office (ICO).